A portable shower can be a great addition to any camping trip or outdoor adventure. Whether you're looking to rinse off after a long hike or just want to enjoy a hot shower under the stars, a portable shower is a handy tool to have. Plus, it's easy to make your own! In this blog post, we'll show you how to make a portable shower using items that you probably already have around the house. Let's get started!
What You Need
1 large water container (5 gallons or more) - we recommend using a clean, empty plastic trash can
- 1 small water container (1 gallon or less) - this will be used as your shower head
- Hose (long enough to reach from your water source to your shower)
- Shower curtain or tarp
- Clothesline or rope
Optional: solar camp shower bag - these are great for heating up water ahead of time, but they are not necessary if you don't have one on hand.
1. Fill your large water container with water from your outdoor water source (a hose, a nearby stream, or a rain barrel). You can also use bottled water if you prefer.
2. Place the small water container inside the large one and drill a hole in its lid that is slightly larger than your hose, then attach your hose to the small container. This will be your shower head.
3. Cut a piece of shower curtain or tarp that is large enough to hang from a tree branch and enclose the area where you will be taking your shower. Attach the curtain or tarp to the tree using a clothesline or rope, spacing it so that you can easily reach the shower head.
4. Hang your clothesline or rope from the tree branch, and attach a few clothespins to the line so that you can hang up your towel and any other gear while you are taking your shower.
5. Finally, place some soap on the ground near your water source and enjoy a hot, refreshing shower!
Sum It Up
Whether you're camping in the woods, going on a hiking trip, or just looking to enjoy some outdoor time with friends and family, having a portable shower can be a great way to stay clean and refreshed while being out in nature. With just a few simple supplies and a little bit of effort, you can easily make your portable shower and enjoy all the benefits of this handy tool. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start making your own portable shower today!